Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Poll! Drop or Keep? - Update!

Zerg doesn't want to get rid of the Creative Server, but he has agreed to a compromise. I don't want to analyze his post, so I'll just copy and paste it here.

I'm going to see if I can host creative from home using dedicated hardware. (AMD Phenom II X6 2.8Ghz, 16GB of DDR3 RAM).

This'll cost up to 100$/mo less per month, and will still allow for relatively unchanged performance on creative.
Survival will be moved to creative's hardware (The current creative server has an SSD.) and the lease on survival's hardware (the non ssd hardware) will be terminated. (This means survival gets an upgrade.)

I'll have to do this during winter break, or it won't ever be done.
I do not have a hard drive fast enough to handle the demands of creative.
The power at home isn't 100% reliable.

The catch:
- I have to pay the difference in the internet bill (possibly up to 50$/mo)
- I have to buy an SSD (this one, or similar)
- I'd like to buy an UPS. (this one)

Which means I'll still need about 290$ in donations for december and january; (about 30$ less than the current plan), but feburary'll cost 220$. :3
Unless someone wants to donate the hardware. :>

So, there you have it. Zerg is willing to lower the price, to host the survival off of his computer. BUT, he's going to need a SSD first. Which.. read his post again. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment